Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Grandma's house

I was sitting on a bench with a little three year old girl, trying to make her laugh.  Someone who looked like John Frauenhoffer, only bald, came up and kneeled down in front of her and started making funny faces at her.  She enjoyed it and was giggling quite a bit.  I found a hair extension (wig) somewhere and set it on top of John’s head.  Now he really did look ridiculous.  The little girl started laughing so hard she almost fell off the bench.

Later I was in my Grandma & Grandpa Jacob’s house eating rice off a piece of cardboard when I noticed something moving on the cardboard.  There were two little groups of microscopic ants.  They were so small that it would have taken hundreds to equal the size of a grain of rice.  But they were the typical reddish brown color and I could make out ant features if I looked real close.  I didn’t want to eat any more of the rice and I didn’t want to dump them in the trash, so I thought I would take them outside.  I went to the kitchen door and started to open it, but it caught and I looked up and realized there was a chain in a slot that had to be released.  I had to stretch up as high as I could to reach it and there was still a lot of door above it, which was weird enough that I actually looked down at my legs to see if I was kneeling down.  I wasn’t, but for some reason I was very short at the door.

I got the door open and there was about a two foot inter-door space to the next door, which was similarly locked.  I had to push hard on it and it finally creaked open.  I went out and what used to be an open concrete stoop that went down to the driveway was now covered with tall weeds.  I grabbed a big leaf off of one of the weeds and was wiping the ants off the cardboard when twenty or so people coming the other way parted the weeds and pushed by me to go into the house.  I tried to tell them they weren’t supposed to use that door, but they weren’t interested in listening and pushed on in.  I got rid of the ants and went back in and latched the doors behind me.

1 comment:

  1. I got bit by some tiny little red ants while running today. hmm.

    ReplyDelete