Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mexico and Weird Houses

May 14, 2011

I was in Mexico walking across a field of wheat that had just been harvested.  Ahead was another field of soybeans that were also golden colored, but had not been harvested.  In the first field was a group of soldiers who were looking away from us and appeared to be shooting at a group of people who were standing on a bridge that spanned across the valley the fields were in.  They continued firing, including tracer rounds that looked like they were going toward the people on the bridge, but the people on the bridge were leaning against the railing watching the shooting, not the slightest bit alarmed.

I was concerned enough about it that I didn’t go to investigate, but walked a different direction.  After the dry fields there was some open scrub ground, also dry and then a town.  The town had a wall around it and I could see a large concrete grain elevator inside the wall.  At this point I was walking with another man about my age and a young couple, all Mexican.  When we came to the wall there was a closed gate, which deterred me, but the older Mexican man just went up to it and it opened, so we went in. Everything was covered with dust, which wasn’t surprising considering how dry everything was. 

We walked along the empty street and came to another wall that my compatriots thought we needed to climb over.  They found an aluminum step ladder that was about 15’ tall and managed to throw the back legs over the wall.  It was easy to climb up, but getting down meant we had to jump from one cross brace to the next, about a three foot step each time.  We made it over and were now in a yard.  We went up to the back door of a house and rang the doorbell.  A woman came to the door and some discussion in Spanish occurred that I couldn’t follow.  She didn’t seem to want to let us in, but my friends pushed past her and went in anyway, so I went with them.

We walked down a narrow hallway and came to a big room where there was loud music playing and people lounging around the sides and a dance floor in the middle.  Somehow I knew that one of the people lounging on the side was some kind of bad character in charge, like a mafia godfather or a drug lord.  For our right to come in he wanted to see us dance.  The two Mexican men froze and looked scared, so I grabbed the young woman and took her out onto the dance floor and started to dance with her.  Her boyfriend didn’t look too happy about it, but I figured he was less dangerous than the guy on the side.  Apparently he was satisfied with our dance because we seemed to have passed the test and were welcomed in.

I went out the front door and onto a busy street in town.  There were lots of vendors along the sides of the street and mostly pedestrian traffic, with a few donkeys and trucks.  At one point I had to duck under a low archway and there was a crowd of kids who had just pickpocketed a policeman.  They had his wallet that had his badge and they were dividing up his money.

May 16, 2011

I went to an old house that was way out in the country in the woods.  It had been converted from a barn.  It had wood slat sides and a big space inside open to the rafters, with exposed support timbers through the middle and living spaces on various levels that had been built into it.  The people who lived there were old hippies or rockers.  I went inside expecting to have a fun tour seeing the interesting architecture and the eclectic accoutrements, but when I got in I was very uncomfortable. 

I realized the place was heavily demonized.  A couple different times when I looked at an object the hair on the back of my neck started to stand up.  There was a series of decorations hanging from a beam separating the kitchen area from another room.  It was sort of like a bead curtain, but the decorations were bigger than beads.  They were white shapes, mostly round, but some oblong and some angular.  I got a strong vibe of evil coming from them, so I looked at one of them and said, “Be gone in Jesus name”, and that strand moved back about a foot like a wind had blown it.  I repeated it looking at the next strand and each one did the same thing.  I wasn’t sure where the things had gone, so I decided to leave.

Later I was in a house that was recently built and I was looking for the way to the attic to put something in storage.  There was a hallway that ran just outside of the main attic where the ends of the ceiling beams that made up the attic floor sat on a wall on the side of the hallway at about waist level.  Each beam was labeled with a letter of the alphabet.  I realized that the letter system was set up to assign attic space to various people or things so I had to figure out what the code was to be able to store the box of stuff I had. 

I walked along the hallway to the far end where there was an opening in the floor with a row or round bars across it the short way about a foot apart, so instead of just walking down a set of stairs, you could walk out on the bars and let yourself down through to a platform below.  I let myself down and went outside the house, which happened to be inside a much bigger building.  Apparently there was a group of people in the hallway behind me who all came to the opening at the same time and when they did it overbalanced the house and it tipped over onto its end with a lot of crashing and banging.

When the dust settled three or four kids came climbing out windows looking all disheveled and a little banged up.  One of Walt Farchman’s sons was in the group and he had a bad scrape on the side of his head.  We went over to the house that was now standing on one end with the roof toward us and grabbed the end that was on the ground and lifted it to flop it back into place like it belonged.  Without much difficulty it tilted back and we let go as it flopped back into its original position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment