Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Camping, glass blowing

I was at some kind of campground that was full of people sitting around campfires, talking, and enjoying being outside.  There were several young men with lots of energy who were organizing various competitions.  In one, the contestants walked on their hands as fast as they could across the grass.  I was surprised to see Chris Sokolowski, all 6’-8 of him, do a quick handstand and take off at a good clip.  He beat the 3 or 4 other guys in his race.

I saw an interesting building across an open pasture and started walking towards it.  Someone passed me at a jog and I realized it was Dennis Melvin, my high school classmate who I haven’t seen in 30 years, so I started jogging after him.  He seemed to know someone was chasing him and he picked up speed.  By the time we were ¾ of the way across he was at a full sprint and I couldn’t catch him.  He went inside the building and I did too. 

Inside there were coal fires burning in fire boxes around a big room that was set up for blacksmithing and glass blowing.  Dennis had picked up a blow tube that had a blob of glass on the end of it and was twisting it around as he held it over the fire.  He was very focused on his work, and I realized that he was running to get there before the glass dropped in the fire, not to get away from me.  I wanted to talk to him, but his work was too time sensitive and he was too focused to communicate.

Later I was in a large room with a crowd of people like at a graduation or some social gala.  Everyone was well dressed, carrying drinks in their hands and talking in small groups.  I spotted Roland White and came up behind him and squeezed the back of his neck with my thumb and two fingers, kind of like the Vulcan death grip.  It apparently sent shivers down his spine because he twitched and turned around looking very surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment