I was on a college campus and there was a huge crowd of mostly students heading up a wooded hillside for a drinking event. Drinking students were everywhere – hanging out of windows, up in the trees, playing games out in the open grassy areas. I wasn’t interested in being there so I was walking against the traffic. I got on a highway overpass where most of the traffic was pedestrians heading the other way, but there were a few of us walking against the flow and there were a few cars going with the flow. As I walked along the right side up against the barrier wall a big white Lincoln pulled over very close to me, barely giving me enough room to get by. Apparently his goal was to stop those of us who were walking against the flow and force us to go the other way, but while he squeezed me he hadn’t stopped me.
There were two older men walking behind me and the Lincoln by this time was so close to the wall there was no room for them to stay along the wall. The Lincoln kept moving forward at a walking pace and the men had to stop and then it bumped them and pushed them back the other way and they had to scramble to keep their feet and eventually moved out away from the wall and the front of the car and into the crowd of pedestrians walking the other way where I lost sight of them.
I got off the overpass and went into a parking area with chain link fence around it where I thought my car was parked. I saw Cameron Alden who said he had two cars parked there that he wanted to get moved. I offered that I could drive one of them to where he wanted it if he would bring me back afterward so I could get mine. We walked off together looking for our cars. The further into the lot we walked the less it was a normal parking lot and the more it was a scrap yard. There were a few drivable cars parked here and there but between them were piles of car parts and other kinds of scrap. One pile looked like old printed circuit boards and for some reason I thought my car was under that pile. I started scraping them back, but never found the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment