Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mud & a dinner w/ music

I had to cross a ditch and the surface of the ground was wet and muddy, which shouldn’t have been a problem because I was wearing shorts and had bare feet.  But at the far side of the ditch was a wall and to get through it I had to go through a two foot square opening that was on the ground.  Since the wall was right at the top of the ditch slope I didn’t even have the option of going through on hands and knees.  I had to get down on my belly to wriggle through and when I got up my whole front was covered in mud.

I went back to the Lincoln Avenue Treatment Plant to clean up and when I got there I was surprised to see that the whole building had been set with tables and was full of workers from the Water Company plus police, firemen, & Public Works workers.  The shop sinks where I was hoping to clean up had been shut down for the event – their valve handles had been removed.  There was a sink in a small side room that had operable valves, but a table had been set in front of it and there wasn’t room to get past it.

Finally Jim Brown showed up by one of the sinks with a valve handle.  We put it on and I washed up.  I asked Jim what the crowd and dinner was all about.  He said they do it every week and that I should plan to be there next week because they always need someone from management to attend.

I heard some drumming and noticed that against one wall, sitting on a counter were four men - two black, one Latino and one white.  They had pipes and sticks and random pieces of equipment and were doing a great rhythm band.  I noticed they had an album lying by them.  It had a black background with white outline photo of the four of them and the title was “Los Lobos”.

No comments:

Post a Comment