Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Monday, March 28, 2011

A trail in the woods

I was walking on a paved trail through the woods.  It was mostly asphalt, about 10 feet wide and for a long ways it ran straight, although up and down hills.  There were a lot of people walking and jogging and riding bicycles so that it wasn’t really a quiet walk in the woods, but it was pretty.  For a ways there was a brick wall on the left, like in Allerton Park and at several points it got wet and muddy at the bottom of the hills.  Suddenly there was a roar as a pack of motorcycles came flying by at high speed.  Everyone scrambled to get out of their way and it occurred to me that it was really dangerous and that they probably weren’t supposed to be there.  Just then one of them crashed as he landed after being airborne at the top of a hill.  There was a lot of water along the trail and out onto it where he landed and I thought he was going to slide into it and drown.  Fortunately for him he stopped with his head out of the water.

About this time someone grabbed my left hand.  I looked over and there was a little girl, probably 6 or 7 years old.  She was scared, probably by the motorcycles, and seemed to be by herself, and was just looking for some security as she walked along.

We came up out of the woods into an open grassy area next to a lake.   There was a building along the trail here, a rest stop of sorts.  I went up to it and there was an information plaque on a post outside it that mentioned that the building had been donated by Bill Cosby because he was a long time property owner around the lake and loved the area.  People were commenting about how he probably donated it so all the people on the trail would stay off his property and that you weren’t likely to see him here with the commoners.

I had made a quick tour of the building and was headed back out to get on the trail when I saw Mary Walker coming the other way.  As I past her I put my left hand out to high-five her, intending to keep walking.  She stopped and said, “I haven’t seen you in what, five years?  You can’t just keep walking.  Catch me up to date on what’s going on”.  So, I stopped and lay down on my belly on the shag carpet.  Mary sat in front of me and we talked about our various common interests.

At some point she dropped something that disappeared into the carpet.  I could tell that it was valuable to her, so I started combing through the pile looking for it.  After several minutes I pulled back a place and there stood a tiny, 1 inch tall man, staring at me and looking greatly relieved to have been found.

1 comment: