I was at a clubhouse like would be at the center of an apartment complex. There was a crowd of young people, high school and college age, getting ready for some kind of fancy event, like a homecoming dance or a prom. There was loud music playing and everyone was in high spirits. There were a couple of young guys following me around like I was their mentor. I was looking at what people were trying on and giving goofy suggestions of things that might be fun to wear or do and these guys were right behind me soaking in as much of my schmoozing methodology as they could. At one point the music started playing a song w/ the chorus like this:
Little darlin’, I love you love you love you
Little darlin’, you know I’ll always care
Little darlin’, I love you love you love you
Little darlin’, I’ll always be there.
It was like a scene out of Mama Mia, where everyone is dancing around and singing to each other while they’re doing whatever, and the whole scene was just great fun.
I danced my way from the main floor to an upper deck that looked down over the main room and was singing Little Darlin’ to all the girls down below who were all singing back. I saw a metal stair frame folded up in a corner and decided to go even higher. I pulled the frame out from the wall and the stairs swung into position and locked into place allowing me to climb up to an outside deck just below the roof. I stepped on the railing around the deck and pulled myself up onto the roof and walked up to the very peak.
I stood there admiring the view and the warm night air and thought about jumping down to the ground, but thought that the 30 feet or so might be a bit more than I could safely handle. I noticed two ropes lying over the peak. I grabbed hold of them and began to float up in the breeze like a kite. Since there were two, I could steer left and right by pulling harder on one or the other. I steered around a little and soon noticed I was hundreds of feet in the air. It was a great ride, but the steady breeze kept pulling me higher and I was wondering how I was going to get down.
Then, to my surprise and relief, the ropes became pea vines that started sprouting leaves and growing pods. The extra wind resistance of all the leaves broke up my lift and I gently floated down to the ground. I landed in a garden behind the clubhouse and several people from the party came rushing up to me. I picked a pea pod and bit off a piece and it was sweet and fresh and crunchy. I started telling the kids to try it, that they’d never had peas like this. Soon they were all eating peas and raving about them, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment