Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pastors

I came to a glass wall, kind of like at the Assembly Hall in that it was leaning away from the vertical.  It had a door that was locked but somehow I was able to walk around to the other side of the opening and unlock it.  Since I was already inside it wasn’t an issue of getting in, but of concern that I be able to get out.   The room had another door in it, but it was locked and I didn’t have a key.  The top of its concrete wall was about 10 feet up and there was lots of open space above the wall up to the ceiling.  I was able to take a little run and bounce off one corner and get my hands on top of the wall and swing myself up.  I dropped down on the other side and was inside a theater-like lobby.

It had red carpet on the floors, dark wood paneled walls and old fashioned stuffed chairs.  There were some glass display cases along one wall and in front of one of the cases Stan Gockel was arguing w/ a Vineyard pastor about some point of theology.  I listened for a while and was not surprised to find that Stan was taking the liberal position.  I thought he was pretty clearly proven wrong on whatever the point was, but he didn’t concede anything. 

There was a balcony that looked over the lobby and I went up the stairs to it and as I was part way up I noticed Jim Egli sitting in one of the overstuffed chairs smoking a long thin cigar.  He was just under the balcony in the area that I assumed had been designated for smoking.  He was taking short puffs like he wanted to try to smoke without giving off much smoke.  He had his legs crossed and was obviously enjoying his cigar a great deal.

I continued upstairs and saw Happy Leman sitting on an end table sized leather covered dais.   I went to him and he got up to meet me.  When he did, he straightened up slowly and winced as he did, in obvious back pain.  I asked him if he had been lifting weights and he said he had and had probably overdone it.  I said I wanted to talk to him and he said that was good because he wanted to talk to me, too.  As I sat there it was like the dream ended and everything went dark before we could start the discussion.  I tried to call it back and got back into the room, but Hap wasn’t there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment