Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

More reruns

I've had another dreaming dry spell, so here are three more from before I started the blog:

January 8, 2011

I was riding on a large platform vehicle of some kind.  We came down the road in front of Vineyard and the parking lot was full of vehicles w/ boats and boat trailers.  I remembered that there was some kind of outing that involved going to the water scheduled and figured these must have all been involved.  We pulled into the parking lot.  I looked down from the platform about 30 feet in the air and managed to stop it just short of a crowd of little kids that weren’t paying any attention.  Tamara Brandt was on the sidewalk below and was yelling something up to me.  Larry was on the platform w/ me.  I was standing out on the edge of the platform looking over the situation when I realized I needed to get down immediately, although I don’t remember why.  There was a corrugated metal stovepipe hanging from a mast sticking out over the side of the platform.  I grabbed onto it and my weight was enough to make it stretch, like a spring, only one that wouldn’t spring back.  I dropped quickly, but as I approached the ground it stiffened and my descent slowed and I came to a stop w/ my feet about a foot off the ground.

January 13, 2011

I was swimming in shallow water in an enormous aquarium.  There were all kinds of little fish and amphibians and other little swimming critters I’d never seen before.  The water was perfectly clear so the view of everything was great.  The bottom was sandy w/ plants and various marine things on it.  Most of the time it was only a couple feet deep but I was staying horizontal to keep my face in it to see.  At one point I put my feet down to stand up and noticed something attached to the bottom of my right foot.  It hurt a little bit, like I’d stepped on something.  I hobbled a couple steps and sat down and asked Scott to take a look at it for me.  He grabbed hold of a white, translucent shape that had tendrils or roots on it that were sticking into my foot and started to pull it off.  As he pulled it became obvious that whatever it was had more than poked me.  It had actually grown into me.  I told him to keep pulling and as he did I could feel something being pulled out of me that had grown all the way up into my arms.  He pulled out a mass of roots that was about 8 feet long.  It didn’t really hurt coming out, but it did feel weird to have something pulled through my insides like that.  I assumed I’d gotten it in the water so it couldn’t have been there long and must have grown incredibly fast, which made me wonder if we had gotten it all and what would have happened if we hadn’t.

January 15, 2011

I was leading a group of people on a hike in some woods.  We came to a steep eroded dirt bank sloping down from where we were to a swampy area below.  As I started to work my way down I warned the people with me to be careful about the cypress knees sticking up out of the ground.  If someone fell on one of them it could be pretty painful.  There were also palm trees that had similar knees, which I had never seen before, but I assumed they served the same purpose on a palm tree that they did on a cypress.  As we got to the edge of the swamp we followed the edge a little ways until we came to a boardwalk that headed out into the swamp.  At first the walk was solid and well built, but as we went on its condition worsened.  Eventually it got to where there were sections that weren’t usable at all and people were trying to jump from one section to the next or step on a log sticking up out of the water and hop to the next section.  Finally everyone had fallen at one point or another and there wasn’t enough trail left to mess with, so we just walked in the waist deep water.

We went just a little farther and the water got a little deeper and the vegetation ended and we were just in open water.  About ¼ mile across the water was a beach with buildings behind it, so we walked and swam toward it.  When I got there the beach was made of gravel, ¼” to 2’ diameter, instead of sand.  I walked up onto a veranda of a building and a black woman asked me if I wanted anything to drink.  It was very hot and we’d just been through an exhausting slog, so I said I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment