January 1, 2011
I was out in a big open field covered w/ hard packed snow working w/ a small team on a project to get a kite of some sort up in the sky. The person in front must have been driving some kind of vehicle because he was pulling two cables that were about 1000 feet long that had a curved section of fabric about 50 feet long by 10 feet wide, kind of like a parachute, at their ends tying them together. The first person began to move fast pulling the cables and causing the kite to rise into the air. The kite was aerodynamically unstable, though, so a second person followed behind the kite w/ another cord to keep it from whipping back and forth. The team w/ the kite had gotten up to about highway speed when suddenly an overwhelming sound came from the sky. It was so loud that it almost knocked me down. It completely incapacitated me for a second or two. It’s hard to describe a sound but it was almost electronic, like would come from a synthesizer. It started w/ a note then slid to a tone lower. The people operating the kite were stunned, too and stopped accelerating. As soon as they slowed down it quit. We didn’t know what we’d done to make it, but it was too powerful to just continue experimenting.
January 3, 2011
I was driving down a small country road that entered a narrow valley. There was a car in front of me driving slowly and as it approached a road that teed off to the right it stopped in the middle of the road. I stopped behind it, but I don’t think the driver was aware I was there. I pulled way over to the left till my left wheels were on the dirt and squeezed around by him, but I don’t think he ever saw me. I continued up the road and past a row of houses that each had an enormous tree in its front yard. They were like palm trees that have the stubs of the giant leaves still attached to the trunk as each leaf falls off, only each tree was about 10 feet in diameter. The bottoms of several of them had lost part or most of their leaf stubble bark, apparently from cars hitting them or some type of violent injury, so they didn’t look very healthy, but they were huge.
I followed the road past the row of houses until it split into two branches that both headed up out of the valley. I took the left branch but it went around a bend and quickly deteriorated from hard surfaced to mud, so I backed down off of it and when I got to the divide in the two roads I turned sideways, blocking both of them to do a three point turn. As soon as I got completely sideways, there was the car that had been blocking the road, now waiting for me to get out of his way.
No comments:
Post a Comment