I was in a large hay field that had been mowed and baled and was now about four inches tall w/ alfalfa and clover. Several spots in the field had something wrong with them – a disease or lack of some key nutrient or something else – that had caused the leaves to curl up and lose their color. These were random shaped blobs of damaged area from just a couple square feet to several hundred square feet. I had a brown glass bottle, about a pint, with an eye dropper in the top of it, and I was expected to use the eye dropper on the plants to deliver the medicine or nutrient that the plants needed. Instead of the usual inch long rubber bulb at its top end the eye dropper had one that was about twice as big around as the dropper itself and almost as long. This still meant that it could only carry about an ounce at a time.
The whole concept seemed hopeless and ridiculous. Even if I took all day and put one tiny drop on each plant, there was no way the bottle would come even close to covering them all. Worse, a TV news crew showed up on the site and wanted to film me healing the hay field and have me explain what I was doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment