Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures on a Tank

I climbed up about 10 feet to the edge of an open topped tank about 30 feet in diameter.  I needed to walk all the way around the edge, which was concrete about a foot wide and as I stood there thinking about how I was going to do it, the thought crossed my mind that this is the type of thing where I should get some help to make sure I was safe.  There was a metal arm on a center pivot that reached out to the edge and I figured I could hold onto it and turn it with me as I walked along, which seemed fairly safe, so I started walking the edge.

About half way around there was a platform and some mechanical gear mounted just outside the tank.  I thought I saw some brown fur down amongst the equipment a little below my level so I bent down to grab it and when I got close it scurried away.  It was a weasel or some similar small animal.  I climbed down to where it had been, looking for it, but it was gone.  As I climbed around the little platforms that the various equipment items were sitting on I noticed another piece of fur, only this time it was black instead of brown.

I stepped closer to see what it was and it moved out from under a motor or something and revealed a white stripe down its back.  I realized what that meant and also that I had cornered it, so I tried to back away as fast as I could.  As I did the skunk turned its back end toward me.  It was too congested to move fast enough to avoid getting sprayed, so I quickly grabbed the skunk’s tail and in the same motion flipped it up into the air and it landed inside the tank.  I don’t know if it’s possible in reality, but the flip was faster than the spray and I didn’t get hit. 

The tank was full of bleach.  In the time it took the skunk to swim back to a place where it could climb out I watched the black part of its fur fade to gray and then an all white skunk walked out onto the edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment