Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mountain bike & swamp baseball

I watched from behind as a guy rode his bicycle down a busy mountain road.  There was enough traffic and enough curves that the motorized vehicles weren’t going any faster than him, and he could swerve around and between them and was actually passing some.  It wasn’t even remotely safe, though.  The road had potholes and patches w/ gravel on it.  He negotiated the whole way down to the bottom and when it started curving back up he turned around and headed back the way he’d come.

Later I was playing baseball.  There were two fields back to back so their outfields overlapped a little.  Off to what was our right field, the other field’s left field, was a swamp.  Someone on the other field hit a ball that carried out into the swamp.  Apparently I was playing center field because I was close to where it went in.  I walked along the edge for a ways looking for it, but couldn’t see it anywhere.  I thought about wading in after it, but the area was tropical and looked like good alligator habitat.  As I was standing there peering into the water I heard some thrashing and looked off to my right where I saw a small camel swimming.  It was about half grown, maybe 6 feet tall and not filled out.  It had a look a lot like a wet cat – like it wasn’t happy about its situation.  I hadn’t realized the water was that deep, and had never thought about a camel’s ability to swim, but they look a little like a moose – long legs w/ wide feet, a long neck & snout that could stay above water easily, so it was swimming just fine – just not happy about it.

1 comment: