Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bizzare randomness

I was riding in a car w/ Dennis Schmidt, but for some reason I was sitting in the back and he was in front.  After a while of him trying to talk over the seat and it got me wondering why I hadn’t gotten into the front.

I was in a small helicopter flying over an area near downtown Indianapolis.  There was a highway ramp under construction but it ended in an abandoned lot where it looked like construction might still be quite a while away.  As I flew over the ramp I could see what cars on the highway couldn’t – how the ramp was aligned with a piece of street a couple blocks away.  The street ended at a T intersection and it was set up so that when I first saw it the traffic was coming from the side and turning down the same direction I was headed all one way.  I decided it would be a good place to land (apparently my helicopter had the ability to turn back into a car), so I lined up for a traffic speed landing.  But just before I was to set down the cars going my direction had cleared out and the signals had changed and cars started coming toward me using the whole road, so I aborted the landing.

I must have set down somewhere nearby because I was now walking in a urban industrial area.  I crossed a street and jogged up a hill on the sidewalk on the left side in front of a row of shabby little houses and then crossed again to walk on the right side of the street.  I turned down another street and found my way blocked by trucks loading and unloading.  There was a big door about 8’ wide and 18” thick swung open across the sidewalk.  I thought I could crawl under it and continue on my way so I got down on my belly but it was tight and I couldn’t get traction and had nothing to grab my hands onto so I was stuck.

The next thing I knew I was in a room at a party of some kind.  I had the idea that I was supposed to get Ruth a rum and coke, but as I thought about it I realized that I couldn’t imagine that she would want a mix of strong alcohol and soda pop.  I also then realized that I had no memory of how I’d gotten to the party and what had happened since I was stuck under the door until now.  I wondered if I’d passed out or what happened and it was scary to have a blank gap in my memory like that.

I walked out of the room and went outside.  There was a big 3’ diameter tree standing next to a corner in the sidewalk and I reached my hand out and dragged it along the bark as I walked around the corner.  I wasn’t looking at the tree where I was touching it, but it felt like the bark had turned with me – like my hand should have drug more than it did.  When I looked back at it I saw that a knob that had been a little below my hand had turned and was in almost the same place relative to my hand that it had been before I started walking by.  As I looked at the knob it turned into the shape of a duck and grew out toward me and quacked.

I thought this was funny and grabbed its beak.  It grew two more duck heads.  I pushed them back in and it turned into a lizard type head and pushed back out at me.  At this point I was thinking that the technology it took to make something like this was really amazing.  I thought it must be a Disneyworld like machine doing all this interactive tracking and changing.  The lizard grew out about 10 feet or so and pushed me back into a corner.  It had big teeth, but for some reason I wasn’t the least scared of it.  I just pushed back harder and again it collapsed back into the tree.  I stepped back to see what it would become next but now the whole tree shrank down and formed into a flat surface that became a flat screen TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment