I went to the house of a friend of Jerry Sparks in suburban SE Indianapolis . The entire yard was built on top of a basement or bunker, a large underground space built of concrete. I was looking down an opening in its roof and saw that it was being used as a car repair garage. There was a lift that rose up the 20 feet or so to the ground surface level. They would drive a car up the driveway and onto the lift, then lower it down into the garage. There was a red, jet powered, batman-like car being worked on as I looked.
I sat down on a couch and was talking w/ Jerry and his friend, a tall, thin, dark haired man about 35 years old. The younger man was talking about how he came to own the place and what he was doing with it. As I listened to him I realized that he had the skills and personality to be the new Champaign District Manager for Illinois American Water. He was aware of the opening, but when I mentioned it to him he at first sort of blew it off like it was way beyond him and he wasn’t going to waste time thinking about it. Barry Suits (the former holder of that position) came in the room and I mentioned it to him. Barry immediately picked up on it and agreed w/ me. I could see the young man starting to think about the possibility, and knew that w/ Barry’s recommendation this could be our next manager.
Do you need an new Champaign District Manager in real life?
ReplyDelete