I was in a crowd in a narrow alley. I wanted to walk through a spot where a dumpster was sitting and the already narrow space got narrower. There were some rough looking men congregated right there and when I got their attention and tried to go through, one of them stood about six inches from my face and glared at me. I pretended not to notice and pushed on past him. I wasn’t really scared, but felt awkward about the situation.
At the far end of the alley it opened up into a huge cave room about 50 feet high and large enough for two basketball courts. The walls were made of thin layered, crumbly sedimentary rock, like shale or soft sandstone and the floor was dry and sandy. There was a sort of rim around the main floor, up about three feet from the main floor. People were bringing in cardboard boxes to recycle and others were cutting up and flattening the boxes, then throwing them on the lower floor. Several people commented that the room would hold a lot of boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment