June 28, 2011
I was in the air southeast of Peoria , looking down on the City. I must have been wearing one of those human kite outfits because I was gliding, not flying under power. I noticed the high bridge over I-74 and had the thought that I had always wanted to stand up there and look out over the city, so it would be a good place to land. I swooped down towards it and while the glide gave me enough lift that I wouldn’t crash into the ground, it also gave me way too much forward speed to land running. I noticed a semi with an empty car towing trailer going the same direction I was. It must have been on the interstate because it was going nearly as fast as I was, although I don’t know when my focus shifted off the high bridge. I glided down onto one of its outside top rails and skidded to a standing stop.
The semi swerved over next to a retaining wall that was at the same height as the top of the trailer and a white panel truck drove off the top of the wall onto the top of the trailer, which was still moving down the highway. The driver of the truck did not want me there so he drove it to the front of the trailer to force me off. I grabbed a hose that was attached to the front of the trailer and dropped over the front edge, hanging down in front of the semi-tractor, right in front of the grill and windshield. The guy in the truck on top of the trailer hopped out and started to spin the hose reel that held the hose that I was holding on to. I was able to climb the hose as fast as he reeled it out so I managed to stay where I was and not get dragged under the semi.
June 29, 2011
I was in a flat, open field covered w/ bare dirt. Someone was interested in landscaping the site, but wanted to know what was under the surface to see what would grow and/or how much topsoil they would need to add. I stuck a soil probe into the ground and just below the surface, about 3 inches down, was a layer of sky blue goo. It was about the consistency of pudding, maybe a little thicker, but it seemed way too soft and wet to support us walking around w/ just a thin layer over it. I didn’t know what it was, but it had to be something unnatural.
No comments:
Post a Comment