Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Monday, June 13, 2011

A load of hay & a chiropractor's office

June 12, 2011

Don Sweeney was driving a flat bed truck loaded with my hay through town.  He missed a corner or something because he decided he needed to back up.  The hay blocked almost all of his mirrors so he was pretty much backing blind.  I was standing beside the road so he asked me to let him know what he needed to do.  I told him it was all clear and he started to back up.  The street had a curve in it that I couldn’t see very far around, and just after Don started backing a semi came around the curve fast.

I yelled to Don to stop and get out of the way, but I don’t think he heard me.  He kept going and just a couple seconds later the semi hit Don’s truck square in the back.  A bunch of the hay flew off and the truck started careening forward with the momentum of the semi.  It pushed on past me swerving more and more wildly as it went.  Don decided he needed to bail out so he opened the door and jumped, landing on his feet but then rolling down the pavement.

Just after he jumped the truck flopped over on its side and unloaded the hay all over the road.  Don was back up and seemed OK, so my next concern was that my hay was being scattered all over the place.  Kids had come out from the neighborhood and were jumping around in it and riding bikes through it.

Later I was talking to a big time executive who was sitting behind his desk.  I was telling him that he was too focused on his work and needed to take some time for some of the other, more important things in life.  He said that when the stress got to be too much he would just go fire someone and then he felt better.

June 13, 2011

I was in a chiropractor’s office, trying to watch a video, but there was a group of people who kept walking back and forth in front of the TV, hauling boxes in and out.  They unloaded one of the boxes on a counter and it was full of little sample tubes of toothpaste.  I thought about grabbing a couple of them, but decided that since I wasn’t a customer I really didn’t have rights to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment