Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

On the beach

Ruth and I went to the ocean shore.  There was some sand, but most of the area was covered by big areas of limestone that was full of holes like Swiss cheese.  There wasn’t a flat level space anywhere.  We were climbing around and came across a woman in National Park ranger uniform.  I asked her if bicycling was allowed, just being silly because there was no way a person could bicycle there.  She didn’t get it and gave me a serious “no”.  Then I said, “This would be a great place for a baseball game.”  At this point she caught on to my joke and seemed to lighten up.

There was a gap about four feet high in a limestone wall that opened into a cave.  I went inside and was walking around on my knees in the sand.  I noticed the ceiling above me was perfectly flat, in fact too flat to be natural.  As I investigated I saw a few pieces of expanded metal exposed where some of the covering had come off, so I realized the ceiling was made of concrete, not limestone.  At this point I noticed Ruth wasn’t with me.

I went to another opening and climbed down a short steel ladder back to the ground outside.  Now I was at a wide, flat beach covered with sand and gravel.  There were dozens of people with baskets and shovels.  They were digging through the sand and gravel to get to the chunks of coal that lay underneath.  I found Ruth and she had a shovel and a basket already partly full of coal.  She was excited about getting free coal, but I wondered what we wanted it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment