Why dreamz?

I've been recording as much as I can remember of my dreams for the past few years and it occurred to me that no one is ever likely to read through the whole batch at once, but some might find them interesting, or bizarre enough to read one or a few at a time. So, here they are.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Basketball

There were two high school boys talking about their futures.  One said he was going to Wichita State on a basketball scholarship.  The other one said he didn’t know what he was going to do. 

The first one said, “You should come to Wichita with me.” 

His friend said, “That would be great, but I don’t play basketball.  How am I going to get a scholarship?” 

First one said, “You’re a great referee.  You should come on a referee scholarship.” 

Second one said, “I don’t think they’ll let me come and be a referee for your team when everyone knows we’re best friends.”

First one said, “I’ll call and find out.”  So, he picks up the phone and makes a call.  He mumbles into the phone for a few minutes and says, “It’s all set.  You’re in.”

Just then former Illini Deron Williams walked by.  He recognized me and said hi.  I asked him how his season is going, knowing that it’s been difficult.  He said that having Chauncey Billups on his team has really helped and he thinks things are looking up.  (I don’t think Billups is on his team).

No comments:

Post a Comment